If SFIC has routed the shipment for you (Freight prepaid by SFIC) we will handle the damage claim if you follow these instructions:
- Inspect your shipment thoroughly upon delivery BEFORE SIGNING RECEIPT. When you sign for the delivery it means that your order is in good condition and that all items have arrived. Please see above pictures showing what you order should look like when delivered.
- If damage and or shortage (we put on each pallet _____ items in this order pallet) make sure to sign accordingly. "7 cases 1 lb. goat's milk soap blocks missing, 2 clear Tubs damaged" etc. Some truckers do not have a place for you to sign due to 'contactless delivery' since Covid (Central Transport mainly.) Please make sure to tell them there is damage and request the driver give you a claim number on his/her device at that time. Without this we cannot make a claim.
- Take LOTS of photos of the damage/loss including how it looks on the truck, how it looks taken off etc. Every picture is very helpful for our claim.
- If damage is beyond salvage you can refuse the entire order.
- Email and us at email@example.com with the above.
- Await confirmation by SFIC that the claim is in process and next steps. Do not dispose or use the product that is damaged since inspection will be needed for the claim.